Thursday, January 12, 2017

Slave (Book One) Playlist

I am extremely affected by music.
Strong lyrics, crescendos, ballads, drum beats...it all gets me. So, like many writers, I compiled a playlist of songs that in some way inspired the writing process of Slave. Some songs simply carried a mood I was chasing for a scene. Others possessed lyrics that spoke directly to the characters I was dealing with that day, week, month.

Without further ado, this is my playlist for Slave (Book One). I'm so greatful for the positive responses the book is receiving! It's a story that means a lot to me, and I'm thrilled to be finally sharing it with you!

So, here 'tis.

1. Fleurie - Sirens
2. Sia - Alive
3. Sia - Bird Set Free
4. Christina Perri - Lonely
5. Coldplay - Midnight
6. Bethel Music - No Longer Slaves
7. M83 - I Need You
8. Amber Run - I Found
9. Story of the Year - Swallow the Knife
10. The Sound of Silence as sung by Allison
11. Fleurie - Breathe

Hope you enjoy!

Book two is currently in progress. Here's a glimpse into my current playlist:

SVRCINA - Meet Me On The Battlefield

Until next time!
Laura Fran


No comments:

Post a Comment